Mold Toxin Illness

July 18, 2020

 

Living in Hawaii has an endless abundance of positive qualities - gorgeous surroundings, fabulous weather, and a rich culture - just to name a few.

 

But as with most things, there can also be a drawback - and mold from humid weather and dampness or from water damage is one of them. 

 

When it comes to mold, people have a variety of reactions. Some people do not have any reaction and are just fine. Many will have allergy symptoms like sinus congestion, sneezing, cough and asthma. Others, however, can be quite sensitive and for them these toxins can affect every part of the body.

 

What does mold do to your health?

 

Mold is a fungus that releases spores as a way of reproducing. Spores are known to trigger allergy and asthma as common symptoms.  In Hawaii, we have mold growing commonly outside and inside the home. But it gets much more serious when it grows due to a water-damaged issue like a persistent leak or flood. In a situation like this, it releases a higher concentration of toxins as a way to compete out other mold species and bacteria.  Mold toxins can be less than 1 micron in size and can absorb through the lungs, the skin and digestive tract.

 

One square inch of visible mold can create as many as 1,000,000 mold toxins!

 

All of this can create a dangerous health environment in which exposure to mold toxins may lead to:

 

            - severe respiratory illness

 

            - allergies

 

            - infections

 

            - asthma

 

            - chronic bronchitis

 

            - chronic fatigue syndrome

 

            - skin rashes

 

            - kidney disease

 

            - digestive disorders

 

 

What should you do if you have possible mold exposure?

 

First and foremost, it’s important to note that if you are experiencing unusual symptoms that have no apparent underlying cause or if you are suffering from chronic issues such as headaches, fatigue, or chronic infections, mold may be a factor (especially after water damage in your home, a recent home or work move, or just living in a house exposed to humidity and dampness for many years).

 

Second, testing is key for both your home and/or work environment, and your body.

 

A professional inspector can analyze mold exposure in your home or work environment and help to provide service to eradicate the mold if found.  Unfortunately, you cannot get better until it is fixed.

 

In addition, there are blood and urine tests which can tell you about toxin load in your body.  If tests come back positive, we offer a well rounded and holistic anti-fungal treatment that can work to restore your health.  These tests can be ordered at the Koa Clinic where we have done additional training in mold toxin illness.

 

If you believe you may be suffering from mold toxicity or if you have a condition that you are still trying to find the root cause of, our office may be able to provide you the answers you’ve been looking for.

 

For those living in the Kailua-Kona area and who would like to schedule an appointment with our team, please call us at (808) 638-3343, email us at admin@thekoaclinic.com, or click here to learn more about scheduling and our complimentary 15 minute phone consultation to go over your questions.

 

Together, we can work to find the root cause of your symptoms so you can get back to life.

Please reload

Our Recent Posts

Mold Toxin Illness

July 18, 2020

Medical Philosophies: What's the Difference?

April 1, 2020

Acupuncture 101: How, What, When and Why

February 3, 2020

1/1
Please reload

Tags

Please reload

 

The Koa Clinic

75-5995 Kuakini Highway #445

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740

Contact Us!

admin@thekoaclinic.com

P. 808.638.3343

F. 844.308.3545

©2018 KOA CLINIC, INC